Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Flat Stanley Friendly Letter Rubric



The most important skill that I want students to take away from the Flat Stanley Project is to write letters. It is a life-long learning skill, not only do that have to learn how to do it for school; but also, it is something that students will benefit from in their life.

What I like about using a rubric for scoring is that students right away know how they are graded. Using a rubric will state exactly what requirements need to be fulfilled in order to get the grade they one, this also avoids complains why they didn’t receive the full grade for instance.

Since, I was introduced rubistar by Mr. Jenkins, when I was taking his drama class—I’ve always came back to rubistar and used the rubrics. I like how you can choose the criteria’s that applies to your assignment or project and how you can also can add criteria’s and change the descriptors to fill your requirements. Plus, you can sign up for an account and save all your created rubrics for future use. Also, you can publish the rubrics you make for others to view and publish.

0 comments: