Thursday, May 8, 2008

Using Weblogs in K-12 Curriculum



My power point presentation was on "Using Weblogs in the K-12 Curriculum." I chose this topic because it can be a very versatile tool in the classroom regardless of age and grade. It just needs to be structured age appropriately, take precautions, and a sparkle of creativity!

I learned that Weblogs can be used to for all subjects. It is at the teacher's discretion of information that will be posted; they have the authority to facilitate the activities that can and will be done on the weblog. Students need to be briefed on the limitations of posting and language usage. Weblogs, enable students to be expressive and creative about their work and feelings.

A great idea that I would like to try out in my future classroom is to have a class weblog. Each of my student will have a chance to have their blogs and I will choose projects to be posted on to the their blogs. I will have them take appropriate pictures of school and class activities which they are to post and reflect on. Moreover, on the main class page will be information about school and class activities, upcoming events, electronic copies of homeworks and classworks--students and parents will be able to view in the case of absents, grades, pictures and blogs of each student.

0 comments: